Tuesday 12 April 2016

My Favourite 5 Benefit Products

I am currently suffering from a skin infection on my face, since the only of symptom of it, is extremely flaky skin,it flares up  a lot when I apply any make-up. Today, I was meant to be posting a make-up tutorial on some sort-of smoky eye-look but as you can imagine I have been feeling a little less than motivated to wear a full face of make-up . Especially as it would involve a lot of close ups and my Photoshop skills are not that great that I can erase all my problems away. So I guess that will have to wait until my face figures itself out.

Moving on, I thought instead of moping around  I would focus on the positives. Having a look at my make-up products, it has to be said that I have a fair range of Benefit products (which for some reason are missing the lids?!). I have always loved Benefit on a whole but I definitely have my favourites. 

Brow Zings
It is very rare that I find brow product that I actually like, let a lone love. A lot of the time I end up buying whatever new latest brow kit or pencil is new out on the drugstore brands, in hope that it will be actually the right shade and results.  I normally just end up tolerating whatever item I have brought to justify the small cost and so it doesn't feel like a waste of money This brow kit from Benefit was given to me by my mum, who said it was too light for her. I, on the other hand am absolutely loving it! It’s exactly the right shade for my brows, it is a shade or two darker but its not too overpowering to the point where it looks unnatural. I find that a lot of medium shades for eyebrows are very red, which looks completely terrible for me on my dark blonde eyebrows. 
They’re Real Mascara.

Hands down this is my favourite mascara. Out of the millions of many different mascaras I have tried this is the one I always come back to. I have raved about this one before if you want to hear more about it you can read about it here. But I will just quickly say that it has an amazing job for coverage for my lashes, top lash and bottom.
Hoola Bronzer
This might possibly be the product which changed my contour game from 1 to a 3 (out  of 5, I'm still not there with the whole contour situation yet, completely). However I do feel I have seen a difference in comparison to other bronzers, I have used. It doesn't contain any shimmer so it’s really good for creating a shadow for the hollows of your cheeks. The product is easily build-able so you can go as light or heavy as you need. I really do love this!

Girl Meets Pearl
I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy this when I first got it! There was something I found about cream highlight which seemed so off-putting. However the product is extremely pigmented and comes out a pearly pink colour (as you would assume). It blends out to be a more-golden toned highlighter over the top of your foundation, resulting in a really dewy and illuminating finish. This swatch is really making me want to buy the full-size version!
POREfessional
I have never really used primers or balms before applying make-up. Although as I am getting older my skin is starting to collect more and more blemishes and my pores are starting become more visible. This can be quite hard to hide with just a layer or foundation and has felt like it needed a thicker and more protective layer. POREfessional was the first primer I tried out and since then have not been able to find something which matches this. It really does smooth over the skin including dry patches and creates a mattifying base for foundation. I feel I am able to get away with using less foundation but always can gain a longer time wear out of it.

So those are some of my favourites from Benefit! What are some of yours? I am yet to try out any of their eye shadows, so maybe I should make that my next purchase! Let me know what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment