Tuesday 23 February 2016

Top 5: Make-up Products I will always reach for.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
For my first blog post I thought I would start with something simple, just to get the ball rolling. So typically, when I think of blog posts and beauty related topics the one type of theme that comes to my mind are top 5's.
  During my very 'make-up' life I have come across several products which I have always found myself wanting to repurchase and use certain products on a daily basis. I do love trying new products and experimenting with different items but I always seem to find myself having a sense of comfort by some of the same products. There's just something about that reassurance of having that hassle-free product to fall back on. After de-cluttering my make-up over and over, there are some items that will always return to my daily routine. So with that said, in no particular order here are my top 5 Make up Items I will always reach for.

Number 5: Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick Range
It is safe to say that I have never ever collected anything as consistently as I seem to collect these lipsticks! The one product that I always seem to find my buying are the Kate Moss Lipsticks from Rimmel London. I can never help myself picking up another shade from their range whenever I pop into boots. I have to be very careful that I don’t end up buying the same shade twice because I now have so many. I think I can definitely justify this when pointing out that these seem to be the only lipsticks that I can safely say that I love, (which is good job since I have accumulated so many). I cannot credit this range enough for the amount of shades that they have and now that they've come out with their nudes range I now seem to be their biggest fan, (that’s not even a joke).They wear really well too and do not seem too drying on the lips, which I seem to find with most drugstore lipsticks.
Shade number 16: This just primarily a very pink, pink (if that makes any sense). It’s extremely aluminous and I cannot wait to wear this in the Summer with a tan.
Shade number 03: This is just a very simple beige nude which I always reach for when going to work. It’s very easy to wear on the lips. It’s kind of very close to my natural lip colour anyway, but just gives my lips an extra something.










Number 4: Elf Blush Pallette.
I am not usually a buyer for face palettes as I prefer to buy things like blush individually. However whilst wanting to expand my blush collection last year I knew that this is exactly what I needed when I saw it in the ELF sale. The palette contains 4 very diverse pinkish shades which actually includes a very nice deep pink which I'm sure could be pulled off for contouring with the right skin tones. They also one of the most pigmented items I have ever owned, so the vibrant colours are not disappointing when applied. It also comes very handy when I am travelling backwards and forwards to my boyfriend’s house due to the colour range and the massive mirror it has in the packaging. The blushes themselves are also removable from the palette so you can replace and add your own, however I have never felt the need to do so.







Number 3: Benefit, they’re real.
I do not know what I would do without this mascara. I feel like I can get effortless lashes with this mascara in seconds. When I first used this mascara, I completely fell in love. It is a total hassel-free mascara for me with no clumps or the need to feel like I have to curl my lashes. The comb-like brush really separates my lashes from the root to the tip, giving the illusion that I have  beautiful long and thick lashes. My favourite thing about this mascara is how much it coats my bottom lash line. I use the brissles at the end of the brush on my bottom lashes giving it them a few layers and boom! I have found no other mascra which comes close to this one.








 Number 2: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection.
I was actually very late on jumping on the hype of this and actually did not seem to rate it when I first tried it (I think because I had the wrong shade). However with it’s amazing coverage and lasting finish my mind was quickly changed. Since starting work I have quickly developed into finding make-up routines which I can do in a rush. The simpler the better. This normally means skipping a few steps from my full make-up routine. I use this concealer pretty much as a foundation for work because its much quicker to apply. As it’s only work I’m not too bothered on my skin looking perfect. I have okay skin but I do need a little some to cover up redness. This blends really easily and so, in seconds I have almost clear-looking skin.So this with a light dusting of powder is the perfect coverage for my skin for work.







Number 1: Collection 2000 Cover up stick.

For as long as I can remember applying make-up daily . I have always used the Collection 2000 cover up stick. There is something about this that after I apply it to my under eye area that it makes my complexion look 10 million times more lively.  This concealer is not only for brightening my super dark circles I have also recently discovered that it doubles up as a very matt highlighter. I have gone through so many of these that it's safe to say that this is my most used make-up item. I have always worn this and will probably continue to do so for a very long time.


So that's my Top 5 products I will always reach for.
What are some of yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment